Sunday, July 3, 2011

Quintilis (Part 1)

And yes, I changed the theme again. Haha! I apologize for being so fickle.

July was previously called Quintilis, thus explains my blog title. It is my family's birthday month: Mom's birthday is on the 2nd of July, mine on the 6th and Dad's on the 24th. I labelled this post Part 1 because I have the feeling I'll be blogging again after my birthday.

After hearing mass today, we had lunch out as a celebration of mom's birthday. We ate at Phở Hoa, which is one of our go-to places when eating out.

JUMBO iced tea (It's a regular but it's pretty big)


Dad and Mom

Cha Gio Viet (Fried rice paper roll w/ pork and vermicelli)

Dad's Pho Do Vien (Seafood Noodles)

My Pho Bo Kho (Beef Stew)

Mom's Cahn Chua Tom (Hot and sour noodles w/ prawns and pineapple)

My best friend, Sriracha Hot Sauce (I cannot eat without this!)

And suddenly,  I'm hungry again.


It was a pretty good day for us, though. We got to bond as a family again. (We don't get to do that often anymore) I was pretty amused with my dad who showed me one of those "Neurological Tests" that his officemates sent him via e-mail. He asked me to try to answer it. I didn't want to ruin his fun so I played along.
He's a really cool dad, though. He's the sweetest! I want to get him new leather shoes for his birthday since Dylan (our dog) destroyed his other pair. 


Apparently, he (Dylan) likes leather. He also chewed on Mom's leather belt. 

Speaking of Mom, I bought her a gift last Friday, just before heading to Girls' Night Out with friends. I got necklaces from Aldo because I was in a rush and didn't have the budget to splurge.





Please excuse my flower-y sheets. I didn't have anywhere else to take a picture so I used my bedsheets as background. It's so girly! :|
I believe this has been a long-enough entry. It turned out long because of the pictures. Haha! Sorry for the low quality photobomb, all photos are from my phone. (Was too lazy to whip out my camera) And for anyone who was curious, I used pixlr-o-matic to edit the images.

No comments: